p42hg – Perforce to Mercurial converter

To convert a Perforce depot into a mercurial repository, there are two possibilities: The convert-Extension of mercurial or the Mercurial plugin Perfarce.

Both solutions aren’t satisfying because the branches and tags management doesn’t work how it should.

Because of this, I started to create an own converter, named p42hg, which will be available as open source soon. It already performs quite well, under Linux as well as under Windows.

DSP 56300 emulator now open source! Feel free to test it

DSP 56300 now open source, hosted on bitbucket

I decided to release my 56300 emulator project as open source. I added the whole project to bitbucket, feel free to download it here:


p42hg – Perforce zu Mercurial Konverter

Um ein Perforce-Depot in Mercurial zu konvertieren gibt es bisher nur zwei Lösungen: Die convert-Extension von Mercurial, oder das Mercurial-Plugin Perfarce.

Leider sind beide Lösung nicht zufriedenstellend, da die Behandlung von branches und tags nicht vorhanden ist.

Daher habe ich selbst angefangen einen Converter zu schreiben. Den Converter gibt es ab demnächst auf google Code als opensource, bisher läuft er bereits ziemlich gut, sowohl unter Linux als auch Windows.

GPU Convolution Reverb VST for NVIDIA / ATI – Public demo available

I spent much work in the last weeks for completion of my GPU impulse reverb VST plugin that runs entirely on a GPU, resulting in a CPU usage near 0%.

I have released a public demo version now that is available to download for free for everyone. Plese visit the product website http://www.gpuimpulsereverb.de for more information.

Taking big steps forward

Though I didn’t post much, I coded much 🙂

Nearly all instructions are implemented. My test code is running, but not with the result I expected 🙂

There are some tricky parts that I have to solve at the moment. In the last days I spent much time on proper ccr updates, scaling modes, adding the support for the „latched“ registers a,b,x and y to be able to handle parallel instructions correctlythat use the same register in both an ALU and a MOVE instruction.

The bugs in the 56300 family manual can be really annoying. It’s very clear to me that they copy-pasted the documentation from the older 16-bit DSP and then changed the doc to fit the new 24-bit DSP, but they missed some parts, which can be a real pain.

Additionally, some things aren’t explained detailed enough for emulation, the only thing I can do is to test it in the simulator GUI, which I found on the net. This one helps a lot!

Unfortunately, I’m still not able to tell how good it will perform once it’s completed. Most of the time I’m still testing in debug mode to find mistakes or to test something. The code isn’t optimized very well yet, but this will be the fun part 🙂

Stay tuned….