Nils‘ K1v version 1.23 has been released, which brings the following two new features:
The plugin is now available as VST3 for Windows, Mac OS and Linux. The VST3 version is identical to the VST2 version but adds support for multichannel output.
Note that, by default, only the Stereo Out is active. If you want to use Multi Channel Output, activate the buses in your DAW manually.
Note: As soon as one of the multi outputs is activated, the Stereo Output is silenced.
The VST3 plugin has the following outputs:
Default Stereo Output
Source / Multi 1
Source 1 in Single mode, Single 1 in Multi mode
Source / Multi 2
Source 2 in Single mode, Single 2 in Multi mode
Source / Multi 3
Source 3 in Single mode, Single 3 in Multi mode
Source / Multi 4
Source 4 in Single mode, Single 4 in Multi mode
Single 5, only used in Multi mode
Single 6, only used in Multi mode
Single 7, only used in Multi mode
Single 8, only used in Multi mode
VST3 Multi Channel Outputs
Issues? Feedback is welcome! 👍
Apple M1 Support
Support for Apples new ARM-based SoC named M1 has been added to all Mac OS plugin versions. There are no separate downloads as the latest build now contains a so called „universal binary“ which contains the binary for both the x86_x64 and ARM64 based processors.
This should give a performance boost on Apples new SoC. It would be nice if you would report back if everything works as intended 👍 as I don’t have an Apple M1.
I’ve just released version 1.14 of Nils‘ K1v – The Kawai K1 emulation VSTi/AU.
Biggest change is that it now also supports Multi presets. I added the 32 factory Multis and all Multis from the ROM cards, resulting in 384 Multi presets in total. As a sum, Nils‘ K1v now contains 1352 presets.
Of course, Multis can be edited, too. To add all of the new features, I modified the UI slightly. The Source Mute buttons have been moved to the Single Edit page, making space for the new Buttons MULTI and SYSTEM.
I’ve been able to fit four Multi sections on one page, arrow buttons allow to switch between sections 1-4 and 5-8.
Multis work as they do on the Kawai K1 hardware. Up to eight Singles can be combined in various ways to create either rich layered sounds or multiple zones on the keyboard.
The only difference between a K1 and K1v is that in Poly Mode VR (meaning variable), the polyphony is unlimited, while it was still limited to 16 or 8 voices in total on a K1 hardware.
The SYSTEM page is a new page that allows to change global parameters, basically it’s a copy of the K1 Midi Settings and supports specifying a Midi receive channel (previous versions always ran in Omni mode) and to disable Program Change processing, Sysex & more.
Global settings are saved as part of the DAW project.
Besides the improvements as pointed out above, some additional things have been added, such as cursor key preset navigation (Hallo Jürgen!) and of course, bugs have been fixed, too. The full change log can be found below.
The most noticeable change is that I have added all 200 PHm Pop Synth Module presets to the plugin, resulting in a total of 968 Singles. As the list of Singles became even larger, I reworked the play mode section to make Single selection easier. There is now a dropdown to allow to select a bank directly and there are additional navigation buttons.
Another interesting change for some people might be one accuracy fix: Key Scaling =>Envelope Time didn’t modify Decay but only Attack, causing some Singles to sound incorrect.
More details & all fixes and changes can be found in the change log excerpt below. The new version is available for all platforms and can be obtained from the Download Page
[Fix] Drop down menus were hard to read on Linux because of the font being too tiny
[Accuracy] Key Scaling => Envelope Time modulation did not affect Decay but only Attack, causing some Single to sound incorrect when compared to the K1 hardware. This change fixes the Single ‚KillDa Mix‘ and others, mostly Pianos.
[Imp] All 200 PHm presets are now part of the plugin, causing it to have 968 total built in presets.
[Imp] Single selection screen has been reworked, for easier navigation it now includes a dropdown to select the Bank and has more navigation buttons.
[Imp] Plugin Logo has been reworked to match the K1 hardware logo. Furthermore, the „KAWAI“ logo has been integrated as Kawai gave official permission for the plugin.
I just released Nils‘ K1v at version 1.12. It contains two bug fixes and one important improvement, as I mentioned earlier in my development blog: Velocity Curves now very closely match those of the Kawai K1 hardware.
The release is available for all platforms and can be obtained from the Download Page
[Fix] One-shot waveforms (drums & others) were played looped
[Fix] Mac AU version crash when saving the plugin state (100% crash in Digital Performer 10)
[Imp] Velocity Curves are now properly implemented and very closely match those of the K1 hardware. If you are interested in details, feel free to visit the K1 development blog
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.