I still get requests related to my Universal Manager sometimes. Its a program I created 18 years ago, the latest update now being 15 years old. It was a litte tool that was able to talk to MIDI hardware to exchange & organize presets.
Recently, a mail arrived regarding Windows 10 compatibility issues / crashes.
I completely forgot about that litte, but very helpful program. Due to the fact that I work on a K1 emulation VSTi and I have to test a lot on a real K1 to do this, this program came in very handy.
So i converted that old project to a recent version of my development environment, cleaned up the code, even found some issues that I was able to fix and added some improvements. And of course, I added support for the Kawai K1.
Feel free to grab the latest version here. Changes:
- Upgraded development environment to fix Windows 10 compatibility issues
- Fixed memory corruption issue when parsing MIDI messages
- Open File dialog now remembers the last used extension and preselects it (either .syx or .mid)
- You can now load multiple files in Open File dialog by using multi selection
- Added ability to specify a checksum starting value for checksum calculation the idf file (see html manual)
- Added support for Kawai K1 Single to instrument definition